Portugal golden visa program was established in 2012. It enables non-EU/EEA citizens to obtain a residence permit in exchange for 5-year investment in Portugal. The program only requires the investor to spend 7 days per year in Portugal to maintain the residency, while enjoying the full benefits of being a Portuguese resident. There are many different ways to obtain Portugal golden visa.
- EUR1million transfer of capital to the Portuguese state
- Create 10 full time jobs
- EUR500,000 investment in real estate
- EUR350,000 investment in real estate rehabilitation
- EUR350,000 investment into registered business and create 5 full time jobs
- EUR350,000 investment into golden visa eligible funds
- EUR350,000 transfer into research
- EUR250,000 transfer to national heritage
But which option is the best one? we would recommend investment in real estate rehabilitation in hospitality sector in Porto as it allows the investor to enjoy the growth in tourism industry while minimizing their investment amount.